To improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
Through shared leadership, United Way Oxford aspires to build a stronger community and continue to improve the quality of life for everyone in Oxford County.
For over 50 years, United Way Oxford has been working to improve lives. Having evolved from our roots as a ‘fundraiser’ to a community convenor, United Way mobilizes partners - business, labour, service providers, community leaders and residents - helping to create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our community. United Way inspires people to come together to make a lasting difference. Through community conversations, we are working to achieve meaningful, long-term improvements to quality of life by addressing not only the symptoms of the problems but also getting at the root causes.
• Demonstrate trust, integrity, respect, inclusivity and transparency
• Energize and inspire volunteerism and volunteer leadership
• Endorse innovation, partnerships and collective action
• Provide non-partisan leadership
• Embrace diversity
Did you know that United Way…
Number of Volunteers in 2016
Raised since 1964
Our Commitment to You
Responsible stewardship of our community's resources
United Way Oxford promotes responsible stewardship of our community's resources. Your donation is carefully invested into local programs and services that help thousands of residents every year. United Way actively solicits sponsorships, in-kind donations and the support of hundreds of volunteers to keep our expenses as low as possible. Based on our 2016/17 audited financial statements, our cost of fundraising was 17%. Our admin costs were 8%.
2018/19 Board of Directors
We are a volunteer driven organization. Our Board of Directors approves our strategic direction and the investment recommendations of our volunteer impact councils.
- Giselle Lutfallah, Children's Aid Society - President
- Shauna Pow, Pow Engineering - Past President
- Dave Hewitt, Retired - Treasurer
- Marilyn Price, Lyndon Fish Hatcheries Inc. - Secretary
- David Calder, Town of Tillsonburg - Member
- Elizabeth Schell, Farm Credit Canada - Member
- Dale Flynn Jr., Sleemans Breweries Ltd. - Member
- Frank Vandrus, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada - Member
- Leslie Farrell, Tim Hortons - Member
- Linda Leyten, Oxford Regional Labour Council - Member
- Katie Higginbottom, Woodstock Collegiate Institute - Member
- Soraya Abud, Public Relations Consultant - Member
- Laura Glenney, OECYC – Member
- Rod Potgieter, Retired – Member