Help for those who need it most. Emergency Community Support Fund allocated $333,675 to United Way Oxford for local distribution.
United Way Oxford is proud to be a trusted partner with the Government of Canada in administrating the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF), a $350 million investment made by the Government of Canada to support vulnerable populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19. The Government of Canada has partnered with United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations Canada, and the Canadian Red Cross to distribute the ECSF across the country. United Way Oxford will be working locally to support and fund community service organizations to aid vulnerable populations throughout our community impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. By drawing on our deep knowledge of local issues, our strong community connections and our experienced investment volunteers, we are well positioned to ensure that the dollars will go to support front line service agencies to help meet the most pressing needs for families and individuals who are struggling due to the impact of COVID-19.
- United Way Oxford will be investing $333,675 in Oxford County services between May 19 and July 31, with the dollars to be utilized by March 31, 2021.
- Funding will be issued through 2 rounds; 1st application deadline is June 2, 2020 and the 2nd application deadline is June 23, 2020.
- Applicants must be Qualified Donees that are providing services to vulnerable populations impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Vulnerable populations include: Marginalized Communities; Children, Youth and Elderly; Workers Who are Vulnerable; as well as Populations Requiring Specialized Care (such as people who are homeless, living in poverty, living with mental illness, struggling with addictions, people with disabilities, people experiencing domestic or gender-based violence, people living in group homes, etc.).
- Types of activities to be funded include: community outreach and engagement; delivering or developing new models, tools, programming, services or resources; disseminating information and knowledge; volunteer engagement and recruitment; etc.
- Types of services will include: food security; mental health and wellness; shelter; personal safety; social inclusion and learning; information and navigation; financial wellness; legal support; transportation; homecare and personal supports; health and hygiene; etc.
Visit ECSF Homepage to learn more or to submit an application for consideration.