For over 50 years, United Way Oxford has been working to improve lives. Having evolved from our roots as a ‘fundraiser’ to a community convenor, United Way mobilizes partners - business, labour, service providers, community leaders and residents - helping to create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our community. United Way inspires people to come together to make a lasting difference. Through community conversations, we are working to achieve meaningful, long-term improvements to quality of life by addressing not only the symptoms of the problems but also getting at the root causes.
To improve lives & build community by engaging individuals & mobilizing collective action. Through shared leadership, United Way Oxford will build a stronger community and continue to improve the quality of life for everyone in Oxford County.
Did you know that United Way…
Number of Volunteers in 2015
Raised since 1964
Our Commitment to You
Responsible stewardship of our community's resources
United Way Oxford promotes responsible stewardship of our community's resources. Your donation is carefully invested into local programs and services that help thousands of residents every year. United Way actively solicits sponsorships, in-kind donations and the support of hundreds of volunteers to keep our expenses as low as possible. Based on our 2014/15 audited financial statements, our cost of fundraising was 17% of every dollar raised. Our admin costs were 6%.
2016/17 Board of Directors
We are a volunteer driven organization. Our Board of Directors approves our strategic direction and the investment recommendations of our volunteer impact councils.
- Shauna Pow, Pow Engineering - President
- Giselle Lutfallah, Children's Aid Society - 1st Vice President
- Lynn Buchner, Oxford County - Treasurer
- Marilyn Price, Lyndon Fish Hatcheries Inc. - Secretary
- Cheryl Micacchi, Retired - Member
- Dave Hewitt, Retired - Member
- Elizabeth Schell, Farm Credit Canada - Member
- Frank Vandrus, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada - Member
- Leslie Farrell, Tim Hortons - Member
- Linda Leyten, Oxford Regional Labour Council - Member
- Mary Anne Silverthorn, Retired - Member
- Katie Higginbottom, Woodstock Collegiate Institute - Member
- Soraya Abud, Public Relations Consultant - Member
- Steve Halyk, Meridian Credit Union – Member
- Rod Potgieter, Retired – Member